It’s been 67 Days since most of our New Year’s Resolutions or 2009 Goals went into effect.
So dust off that blog post, because I’m asking the question:
HEY – Remember Those Goals!?
It’s human nature to start January off with a BANG – then let those weight loss, exercise and fiscal responsibility goals go right out the window! What are you doing to stay on track? Are you reaching out to your friends and community for help? Do you need to find a community to support you?
Here’s where I stack up against my 2009 Goals:
- Communicate better in all aspects of my life
- Focus on family and friends even more
- I have found that enjoying the company of friends beats a night at the bar almost anytime
- I feel I’ve gotten to know my new friends here in Pittsburgh VERY well
- Trying to plan more time to visit family (Florida in January to visit Brother’s family/Two young nephews)
- Establish my new career path; Love my work
- This has been challenging, but I’m working to get into the marketing space here in Pittsburgh
- Working with Right Management and getting assistance with the search
- Get my blog going
- CHECK – It has been fun writing (the few) posts for this blog
- Highlighting PGH Small Business, Marketing and Community is what I’m ultimately striving for with this blog
- Tap into the Pittsburgh dog owner and social media community
- Joined local Lawrenceville Dog Park Committee
- Meeting LOTS of dog owners in PGH (Planning on hosting another Puppypalooza soon!)
- Helping with the planning process of PodCamp Pittsburgh (Social Media UnConference)
- Established The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps presence on Twitter, as well as the Cavalier Alumni Association
- Investigate creating dog park in East End
- As mentioned above, I’m helping a local committee market, promote and raise funds for a much-needed dog park in Lawrenceville (see previous post)
- Help my brother launch a business
- Helped my brother establish LOCKDOWN LLC providing communication services to the Prison population
- Unconventional business model, but I’m helping him get this off the ground
- Practice financial responsibility
- Cutting back on impulse purchases
- Saving money more often
- Learning from my peers
- Be adventurous with food, drinks, entertainment and marketing methods
- Who knew curry was so good!?
- Trying new food and drinks almost everywhere I go
- Learning more about niche, small business, social media, Word of Mouth and referral marketing
- Paint and volunteer more
- Start moderate exercise program
- Learn as much as possible about social media and business
- Google Reader, Twitter and LinkedIn have been my friend
- Learning about Social Media by diving in
- Learning about Pittsburgh Small/Local Businesses
I still have LOTS of work to do until I’m satisfied, but here are Six Simple Things you can do to stay on track:
- Keep the 2009 Goals List on your desk (preferably on top of the mess) – This way you constantly see your 2009 Goals
- Include your friends and family – They can help remind you of your goals or help/support you along the way
- Reach out to others in your community with similar goals – If it’s running, then find a local running Meetup Group
- Break your 2009 Goals into bite-sized chunks – If your goal is to loose 25 pounds, then work in 5lb increments
- Start slow and gain momentum – Like the point above, you can’t just jump into the 2009 Pittsburgh Marathon without training first
- Remember that your2009 Goals are for YOU – take pride in your hard work and accomplishments
Let’s keep each other in check. I’ll come back in a few months and see how we’re doing!
In the meantime – What are you waiting for? Are your 2009 Goals going to become 2010 Goals?
I’m personally trying to make sure that doesn’t happen.
Photo Credit: Catd_Mitchell